.NET Lock / Tradeshop for Trapped Chests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EquineShanghai, Mar 12, 2016.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

1. Juan Cena

Juan Cena Active Member

[​IMG]
    I bumped it before you Myrmidous!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Reviewer Staff Member Premium

You son of a...

YellLouder.jpg
    Weekly Suggestion Bump

TradeShops For Trapped Chests #TS4TC

•» Christmas Bump «•
    Checking off the weekly "To Do" list by bumping the TradeShops for Trapped Chests (TS4TC) thread. This has been one heck of a lead-up to a holiday season and I can't say it has all been good. If I were to describe the effort required to make Christmas "happen" this year I would probably settle for Sisyphean.

Regardless: Merry Christmas! If anyone on the developer crew is feeling especially generous I would love to sit down and have a discussion about the why (or why not) of this particular suggestion.

Enjoy your day, everyone.
    //Myrmidous

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Myrmidous

Daijobu.jpg
    Weekly Suggestion Bump

•»[2017] New Year Edition [2017]«•

Well that was a year. Let's all just agree that 2016 was that crazy time in life where it's OK to make horrible decisions. Maybe in time we'll forget it happened... or at least bury the evidence.

Regardless: Weekly thread bump for TradeShops! Can't give up a fine tradition just because there's been no response for 294 days. Quitters never get anything accomplished and by this point I'm having more fun bumping the thread than anything else. So cheers to 2017, here's to another wonderful year of pointless posting!

Bonus.gif
    xphstos37 was the "Top Voter" winner back in October and never received her $25 coupon. Since then she has been patiently waiting and bumping her thread in the "Help" forum for 61 days. Here's the link: Waiting for love & October $25 Org code. Good on her for not giving up.​

Remember kids: It's not post farming if it you stick with it for a year.
    MoreYouKnow.jpg
    See you next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Experienced Member

This is determination

5. Myrmidous

CatRear.jpg
    Weekly Suggestion Bump

• 301 days •

The first full week after the holidays is always interesting. People who couldn't be bothered to put effort in while Christmas was in their face somehow expect us to save them after the new year comes. To a great extent, we help where we can. But it's not magic and yelling over the phone isn't going to Harry Potter this along.

But back on track: Weekly suggestion bump, day 301. Use trapped chests as TradeShops so they can be placed side by side for efficiency. I have no idea how hard the programming would be, I'm guessing a copy/paste of the current block for (whatever the item ID is for chests) and replace when (trapped chest id)?

If that's impossible for some reason, cool beans: Let me know so I can take "Bump TS4TC Thread" off my weekly list. No harm, no foul.

See you next week.
    //Myrmidous

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Juan Cena

Juan Cena Active Member

Bump because Cyp!

7. badgal

badgal Senior Member

you can lock trapped chests on .net now, unsure about tradeshops. support though.

8. Juan Cena

Juan Cena Active Member

No support bump

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Jxnaa

Jxnaa Well-Known Member

SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. benji

benji Experienced Member

super support :*

11. Myrmidous

SoulCoffee.jpg
    CLICK FOR FULL EFFECT

Weekly Suggestion Bump

• 308 days •
    I sincerely hope each and every one of you had an exceptional week. Depending on whether or not you've ever looked up that adjective you might get the joke.

Judging by the infant development guide this thread is now old enough to start learning how to walk. Looking forward to holding those tiny little hands while it goes through hilariously uncoordinated steps. Really hoping those first words will be "Ban! Ban!"

Might start planning a birthday party soon...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Natalia

Natalia NET Moderator Staff Member

Support! This will save me so much space omg

13. Myrmidous

security.jpg
    Gray Sage helped me purchase a security system.

Weekly Suggestion Bump

• 315 days •
    House was robbed. We lost two laptops, a case of music CDs and a 2lbs bag of stale peanuts we were feeding squirrels with. Not kidding about those peanuts, I laughed.

Spent several days digging an old computer out of the closet and finding a way to get it working. This computer is 14 years old and randomly crashes from memory problems. It looks like I built this thing out of spare parts left over from a failed experiment into a steam-powered lawnmower. Yeesh.

Still, bumping this threads. TradeShops for Trapped Chests (TS4TC) is a tradition that must live on.

//Myrmidous

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gray Sage

Gray Sage Well-Known Member

I really didn't know this thread existed until I was tagged. You have my support for this. The programming for such a plugin could be done by someone with adequate skills in about 3-4 hours. Testing and implementation would take a bit more time, obviously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Myrmidous

FireCar.jpg
    Now that is how you advertise oil.

Weekly Suggestion Bump

• 322 days •

Three hundred twenty-two days later and going strong! Still requesting someone take a serious look at copying the TradeShop code, changing the item ID and applying it to trapped chests. I am very sure it isn't that simple but at the very least... perhaps someone could explain why?

Although I was semi-joking about having a "birthday" for this thread I'm starting to wonder if that might not be a fun idea. More plans as the date gets closer, I suppose.

Had to restart this post twice, computer keeps crashing. Highly annoying.

16. Blyx

Blyx Active Member

Support, this would be extremely useful.

17. Myrmidous

deadhorse.jpg
    Topical?

Weekly Suggestion Bump

• 329 days •
    I went looking through the Suggestions forum to find another thread as old as this one without a developer response. I was kind of hoping to humorously point out all of the younger, "speedy" whippersnappers grabbing all of the attention. Kind of like a "get off my lawn!" joke... but forums-related.

They can't all be winners. Just roll with it.

But wow was I wrong. The Search results show that out of 258 threads in this forum Mr. Merks has replied to about 37. Over the last three years. Some are repeat suggestions but that's a 14% response rate-- something like one post every half month or so. Mr. Little is a bit lower, I can only find fifteen different threads he has replied to (5%, one post every month and a half).

Forget suggestions: ISIS could be using this forum to plan their next beheading without worrying someone might catch on. ;)

18. Myrmidous

Weekly Suggestion Bump

• 336 days •

This week has been more interesting than a Beanboozled birthday cake. New pets, new Moderators, new pet Moderators-- I've got some high hopes someone might glance through the Suggestions forum soon. That would really round out this week nicely.

TradeShops for Trapped Chests! (#TS4TC) is still alive and kicking. I will bump like that one Third Eye Blind song until someone drops by to explain why this suggestion is impossible. Or just not worth the time to implement-- really I'm not picky about the answer at this point.

TS4TC is turning one year old in a little over a month! Better start planning that birthday party.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  19. YayItsEden / kxks_

YayItsEden / kxks_ Restricted

20. YayItsEden / kxks_

YayItsEden / kxks_ Restricted

i cant rate for a month.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)